– Deep Learning: Convolutional Neural Networks | LSTM Recurrent Neural Networks | Attention Mechanism
– FPGA Programming: ISE Design Suite Xilinx | LabVIEW National Instruments
– GPU Programming: CUDA
– Software Programming: C/C++, OpenCV, Python, Matlab, PhP/Html
Samuele Martelli was born in Piombino (Italy) in 1981 and received the MSc (Laurea degree) in Telecommunication Engineering at the University of Siena in 2007, discussing a thesis about coastal erosion assessment through satellite images ( Remote Sensing) developed in Australia at the University of New South Wales ( UNSW). He received the Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Verona (Italy) in 2012 and now he is post-doc in the group of Pattern Analysis and Computer Vision (PAVIS) at the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Genoa.
His main expertise is embedded computer vision, in particular vision systems using parallel hardware architectures such as Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA). During his Ph.D studies he also focused his attention on the problem of pedestrian/object detection by fusing multiple imaging technologies such as optical images, 3D information from stereo cameras and thermal images. Other research interests include Image Processing, Machine Vision, Patter Analysis, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. He is currently involved also in research projects for acoustic signal processing, using Xilinx’s FPGAs and National Instruments technology using the LabVIEW software.
He is co-author of several research articles published on international IEEE conference proceedings (ICCV, CVPR, ICIP, ICPR, ICDSC, AVSS).
He was also involved in several projects in collaboration with companies and international research centers including Embedded Vision Systems s.r.l., Azimut Yachts, Etruria Innovazione SCpA and the School of Surveying and Spatial Information Systems at the University of New Soth Wales (UNSW) in Sydney (Australia).
– Silica Zynq™-7000 SoC SpeedWay Design Workshops. Florence, 2013 – January 31.
– LabVIEW Core 2 – National Instruments Italy. Milan, 2012 – December 13-14.
– LabVIEW FPGA – National Instruments Italy. Milan, 2012 – December 10-11.